Interested in a faith-based approach to global peace and justice issues?
Consider an internship with the Maryknoll Office for Global Concerns in Washington, D.C.
As an intern at our Washington, D.C. office, you will
- Research current issues affecting countries where Maryknoll missioners live and work
- Participate in faith- , issue- and region-based coalitions
- Have the opportunity to write articles for NewsNotes, our bi-monthly journal, and for our website
- Gain first-hand understanding of decision-making processes in Washington, D.C.
Some of the issues we follow include: trade, debt, climate change, impunity, peace processes, foreign aid, migration, children’s rights, among many others.
- Interest in and awareness of issues of global justice
- Willingness to share office responsibilities
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Computer proficiency
- Additional language skills a plus but not necessary
Class credit is available; we cannot provide housing; we cannot provide work visas for international students/workers. Interns/volunteers are also required to complete paperwork from the Maryknoll Fathers & Brothers' human resources department.
In Washington, D.C., the MOGC is located on New York Avenue near the Convention Center. The Mt. Vernon Square/7th Street Convention Center (green/yellow lines) and the New York Avenue/Gallaudet University (red line) metro stops are each about a 7-10 minute walk from our office. Six staff members work in Washington, and two work at Maryknoll, New York.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on experience with a faith-based, nonprofit organization. Use this application form to apply, or send a cover letter, resume and writing sample to email@example.com.
We are accepting applications for fall semester 2012.